6/4/09

My design studio- home 
It is quaint, rustic, imperfect, some issues 
and I love it.
I have wanted this my whole life.
  Here is where I can cook, read, write, draw,
 sew, solder, glue, or just sit and do nothing at all.

The tide coming in from Similk bay. The weather right now is so
perfect.  This is when Washington is the best place on earth to be.



I like solitude and freedom
 that I get during the week. 

Down a flight of stairs and you are on a 
driftwood carpet...maintenance free

I like the cat...the huntress

I like mood lighting.

I like birds.

I like clocks.

I like the serenity of these. 

I like thai red candles.

Ugly necessity...in an attempt to be organized.

I like aqua handmade ceramics.
The sink was free.
The faucet drips.

I like old cream thread.

I like oranges...
Reading on the Bloomsbury group, inspiration
for Laconner workshop.

I like my working area

Heaven with the doors open.

I like red.

I like birds...especially crows.

8 comments:

Debi Ward Kennedy said...

I LIKE your wonderful home, Khrys! How charming and inspiring....

koralee said...

Beautiful post...your sweet home is amazing..there is a lot of "i like" things in those images that i adore as well...aqua pottery..birds...white spools of thread...these things all make me smile!!
Have a wonderful weekend in your little piece of heaven!

Sue said...

My blog name would fit your home life...."A Peace of Bliss". It just says it all for me! I have been looking for a good one of those Swing-Away can openers for several years!!
I am off to the FarmChicks antique and crafty show in Spokane this weekend. Teen daughter and I are having a girls weekend away.
Blessings~LillySue

Kim G. said...

I like, no love, everything about your place, just wonderful!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I don't really like your home...







I LOVE it! Perfect, quirky and ful of color and life and soul...
Love it, I say!

Jeanne-ming Brantingham said...

your photography is getting good. Really nice photos Krys...

mimi charmante said...

As this is my first time visiting, is this your home? It is wonderful! I am so envious of the view!!!

Geisslein said...

Oh hohoho - I LOVE (!!!) your studio home! simply perfect I think!