5/21/09

love...le...labo

on Elizabeth street.
this caught my eye.
{LE LABO}
It is a 5' perfume atomizer.
You push the lever and a
spray of perfume comes out
onto a strip of paper, that you 
hold under the lever.


That is 
very cool.
Interactive marketing
on the street!

I have been in the very sterile overpriced
overcrowed Soho for a week and a half
When I found this. 
 {Even my inspiring Free People store...
 has gone glitz. 
Silver, rhinestone and sequins
for their display, yuck! I don't get it.}



So...this seemed fresh, organic
natural, an updated yet homey
apothecary store.


Stephanie was very kind to let me
take pictures.  

I love the old metal carts...tin wall
There are just a few scents to pick from
you choose what you like and they mix
it and bottle it for you.  I think this
is all just for show...but I love the show.
She went to her handy Mac...and printed
up my custom label.   

Here is my perfume.
LABDANUM18.
They have a store in LA.
and... are in Barney's
But it is understated
Yet...
Expensive.
This little bottle
was 
$50.00
for 0.05 ounces.



But.. I love it.
It is the only thing I have bought.
I already use the box for something
else and I love the perfume.
I still feel like I discovered them.
Off the beaten path....
in NY.

1 comment:

koralee said...

I love your little shop you found...what an adventure you are on...thank you for sharing... your
images are awesome... i am seeing parts of NYC i would never have seen...not just your usual tourist spots..when do you go back home???