4/2/11

Wise words

This is a picture of me
In Venice, Italy.
Twelve years ago.

Younger,
thinner,
and In love
with my guy.
.............
We only spend part of the
week together, because
I have a job...80 miles away.

We just spent a whole month together,
for the first time...in 13 years.
It was heaven.
...........
Growing together.


I want Venice
and Maui
and love
to live inside
of me
every moment
of 
everyday.


I found this,
thoughts of life and death here....

I find it fascinating to listen to older women.
In 85 years....you have years of perspective.
And when death is right around the corner
there is a light...or enlightenment 
into the world of the living,
or for some
barely living and just surviving.


Thoughts on life and death
If I had my life to live over again
Nadine Stair  85 years young
I’d dare to make more mistakes next time.  
I’d relax.
I would limber up.
I would be sillier than I have been on this trip.
I would take fewer things seriously.  
I would take more chances.
I would take more trips.
I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.
I would eat more ice cream and less beans.
I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I’d have fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I am one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I’ve had moments and If I had it to do over again, I’d have more of them.  In fact, I’d try to have 
nothing else.  Just moments.  One after another instead of living so many years ahead of each day.  I’ve 
been one of those people who never go anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a raincoat
and a parachute.  If I had it to do over again, I would travel lighter than I have.
If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that
way later in the fall.  I would go to more dances.  I would rider more merry-go-rounds.  
I would pick more daisies.

3 comments:

Makeminemidcentury said...

What a lovely, lovely post.

Marilyn Miller said...

Welcome back! Thanks for the words from a wise woman. I would wear socks less, which have already been discarded for the season. I would dance in the sunlight, which I hope we have tomorrow. I would laugh more, travel more, risk more. Off to do some crazy travel in two weeks.

andrea creates said...

very thought provoking words~thanks for sharing.

i love venice, it was always a dream of mine to live there~ i've only gotten to go once though, for an afternoon(!)